Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer Solstice Quilt Along

So excited to be participating in Melissa Corry's Summer Solstice Quilt Along!


I love this pattern and that she has broken it down into manageable pieces. I've been trying my hand at picking my own fabrics, but for this project I just had to have one of the bundles put together by The Intrepid Thread. I thought the combo of fabrics was amazing, and her customer service was stellar, with super fast shipping too! I have ordered from her again since, I'm happy to have found her shop through this QAL. 

Plus I get to learn a new technique: no waste flying geese! I'm so excited about this because they were so easy and worked great. Love being able to try something new. 

Favorite tool for this project: The Quick Quarter II. My 1/4" foot is not really that useful so this helps me be so much more accurate. Someday when I have a better machine this might not be needed, but for now it is a lifesaver!


And here they are. It took longer than I thought it would, but it helped me create a good plan for how to tackle the next step. Which is many, many, many half square triangles! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!! I love reading your comments and always respond via email. If you are a no-reply blogger please leave your email.