Sunday, July 24, 2016

First Full Sized Finish - Rebel Quilt!

I wish I could describe how excited I am to have finished this quilt! After having become a tiny bit obsessed with sewing and piecing and having 50 million or so projects in progress to show for it, it is so rewarding to finally have a quilt that is finished and can actually be used.


I'm so glad this was my first official finish. I love this pattern, am happy with my color choices, and it is a good size at 72" x 72" (not to big or small).

I found this pattern to be very well written and easy to follow. As a newbie I have purchased a few patterns that I felt lacked the detail I need to follow it easily without some trial and error and doing some reading between the lines to figure things out. Not this one. It included every step I needed. I highly recommend this pattern and plan to make some of her other patterns in the future. In fact, I have my eye on this free Liberty code quilt pattern and even have a few Liberty prints on the way to start my collection.
I am also really happy I went with the black Indah Batik for binding and backing. It has a really nice weight to it and I love the print.


Basic Info

Pattern
Rebel Quilt by Libs Elliot

Fabric
Kona Cotton Silver and Black
Cotton + Steel Silver
Me + You Indah Batiks

Batting
Warm and Natural

Thread
Aurifil 50wt Grey 2615 and Black (Backing)

Everything sewn/quilted on my very modest but hardworking Janome Magnolia 7330.

And finally, the obligatory cat on quilt photo.

1 comment:

  1. I have my eyes on this pattern too, so I am glad to hear it is well written.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!! I love reading your comments and always respond via email. If you are a no-reply blogger please leave your email.