Sunday, March 18, 2018

Helpful Tools: Aurifil Thread Card

I live in a rural area with limited resources for fabric and supplies. Thankfully there are two quilt shops for immediate needs, but for the most part they do not sell fabric that interests me and only carry a few thread color options. When I do make it to the city I'm usually busy with other things so I can't count on being able to shop for sewing stuff.

One specific item that has been a challenge for me is Aurifil Thread. The local shops sell a limited number of colors, which I am grateful for, but if I want a perfect match sometimes the local sources won't cut it. I did find a few online shops that would color match for me, but honestly when I did this there were a few matches that didn't seem ideal so I wasn't sure I wanted to rely on this option.

Enter the Aurifil Thread Card!!! Until I saw a post about this from Quiting Jetgirl I had no idea this existed! I ordered one from Hawthorne Threads and I know it is going to be well worth the investment.



What are your favorite helpful tools? I would love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!! I love reading your comments and always respond via email. If you are a no-reply blogger please leave your email.