Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Up North Quilt

When I saw the Up North Quilt Pattern by Pen and Paper Patterns it was instant love. How can you go wrong with a vintage camper and trees? I knew I wanted to make it someday but had no immediate plans. Then one day inspiration hit and I started! Two weeks I have a finished top, and am contemplating working on a second. 




Since my "inspiration" partly came from the fact that I wanted to gift this to someone I was concerned the grey background I used on my initial camper might be a little dreary to gift. So I made a second camper with a more neutral background. Not sure if I'll end up making that into a full quilt yet or a mini. We'll see!




I also wanted to say that when I had this in pieces on the design wall I was really unhappy with the Kona Iron. It has such a blue/purple hue to it. Maybe I have so much in my stash because I never use it! But now that it is done I'm not seeing that as much and I'm happy with the outcome. 

Background: Kona Iron
Camper: Kona Solids + Riley Blake Dots + Vintage Picnic
Trees: Cotton & Steel + Kona Solids + True Colors 
Thread: Aurifil 2615 for piecing 
Backing: Cotton & Steel Yours Truly Strawberries Navy? Still deciding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!! I love reading your comments and always respond via email. If you are a no-reply blogger please leave your email.