Monday, January 29, 2018

Elizabeth Hartman All the Animals Sew Along - Progress Update

I have been slowly working on my Lepidoptera quilt for the Elizabeth Hartman All the Animals Sew-Along and am excited to report a little progress. 

This weekend I finished the four Beatrix blocks! There is a lot of work involved but the outcome is worth it. Will get some better pictures when I have better light but for now here they are.




I'm really excited about a new tool I discovered last week when I was scrolling through the the #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalssal hashtag on Instagram. I found a video @burbankquilts posted about using the Simple Folded Corners Ruler ruler by Antler Quilt Design. I was able to get it at my LQS and started using it this weekend. I'm not sure if it made the process faster, but I do think it was easier. So that is a huge win. Here are a few photos of how it works: 






This method is especially useful when using the Essex Metallic Linen. The pencils I was using to draw lines make the corners fray sometimes and this removes that issue. I think I will definitely keep using it!

This week I will start cutting for Carmen. 

Linking up with Cooking Up Quilts Main Crush Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!! I love reading your comments and always respond via email. If you are a no-reply blogger please leave your email.